Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Random Thoughts


Overhearing my children's conversations has become one of the unexpected perks of our much-smaller-than-home living arrangements. Let me share a few examples:

Caitlin: Wow! I had the bestest dream ever last night.

Carter: What, a monster ate you?

Caitlin: I said my best dream ever...not yours!


Caitlin: I want to be goth.

Carter: Why, Caitlin?

Caitlin: So I can have highlights in my hair.

Carter: Yeah, I kinda like goth.

Caitlin: Yeah, I want black hair with blue highlights.

In addition to the lively chinwag, I find that I'm "with" my children more than I am at home. I'm usually around the house doing something while the kids are around the house doing something else. But here, we're pretty much right on top of each other. Our togetherness also has something to do with the fact that we don't exactly live around many available playmates under the age of sixty, oh wait, we don't live around any. So I've become something of a play pal for my kiddos, although they would tell you not a very good one. I can't believe their lack of ability to find humor in the fact that I can turn any topic into a song (including pin care). That takes talent.

I was lying down and Caitlin crawled up by me and asked for help because she was making a list of her future children's names. I was surprised to learn that she would be reproducing at a high rate: 5 boys and 5 girls. Then, she went on to share the gems she had chosen for names, including Prancer and Lucky.

Then we took the above posted picture and I realized I either need Visine or more sleep and I really want braces but atleast I'm tan...

1 comment:

The Kent Family said...

I should say you're tan! I saw Colby this weekend, and he is so tan. I will need a spray tan before I see you!