Friday, August 27, 2010

My Apologies...

Dear Cartoon Network,
I feel that I owe you an apology. Ya know, for believing that you basically had no value to offer the American viewing public. Oh, and for telling my children their brains would turn to oatmeal if they watched too much of your programing. Yeah, that wasn't nice, I admit. I guess I just always wondered who in the world would be watching cartoons in the middle of the night except all the thirty year old guys that still live with their moms. And since, I desire more for my children (and I want them OUT someday) I've waged a crusade against you. But last night I learned my lesson.

Sleep would not welcome Carter into it's presence and although it beckoned to me, it was really just a cruel joke because I needed to be coherent for my boy. Carter could not find relief from his pain no matter what we tried. I was at my breaking point, my weary hands could not rub his foot any longer. Finally, our tears combined in sleep-deprived anguish as I desperately tried to figure out how to help him (and me). Then, I had an idea.

"Would you like to watch cartoons?" The nodding of his head was the approval I was hoping for...we needed a distraction, big time! And guess what, it worked. Carter watched Ben 10 and I drifted off to sleep thankful for some weird show about some weird kid that has some weird watch, or something like that. I'm not sure how long the T.V. played, but I do know that at some point Carter feel asleep and joined me in slumber as I sang the theme song to Phineas and Ferb (apparently he changed the channel?) in my dreams.

So, sorry Cartoon Network, I now realize that you have value to offer the world. But, I'm still not letting my kids watch all of your shows, cause some of them are just inappropriate. Just sayin'....

Sincerely,

Carter's Mom

These pictures have nothing to do with my post:

Maggie comforting Carter during pin care

We took Zac to P.T. with us and he had a HUGE, up-the-back, yellow poop, blow out! It's great being an auntie because, for some reason, it's more fun changing diapers than I remember with my own kiddos. Probably because I get to give him back at the end of the day...

No comments: