Friday, November 6, 2009

I'm Thankful...


I've had a couple ah-ha moments about gratitude. The first was when I read on my friend's blog that she was going to pen something she was grateful for everyday until Thanksgiving. I decided that I was going to hop on that band wagon. Well, then I got the sore hiney and I focused my post on that, gratitude quickly escaped my mind.

Today I read a post on themotherhuddle.com "an attitude of gratitude" by Candace, check it out, you'll love it (if I was techno savvy I would have made a link so that you could just click on the aforementioned site, sorry). While reading this post I was reminded that I hadn't started blogging my gratitude list. So, I am not going to let the opportunity slip quietly away... again.

By the way, thanks to all my great(ful) friends who reminded me to take the opportunity to reflect on my blessings. Today I get to do six, since I missed the first week of the month. Here goes:

1. I'm grateful for those toilet drop-in cleaning things. Need I say more?

2. I'm waaay grateful for the new protein bars I've started chowing down (silhouette solution) 15 grams of protein AND they taste amazing!

3. Grateful does not begin to describe how I feel about my hubby and his kindness and patience.

4. Course those kids of mine have to make the list. I never could have imagined the challenges I would face as a mother, but I also never ever, ever in my wildest dreams would have dared to imagine the sheer joy that I find in motherhood.

5. I'm thankful I teach R.S. I can't believe I said that. But, I truly am. When you have to "teach" something you really "learn" it.

6. I absolutely enjoy the children and families that I am privileged to work with. NO question! I have, quiet possibly, the best job ever invented :)

No comments: