Friday, August 20, 2010

Wild Side



A few nights ago, we decided to go out and watch the moon come up over the ocean. It's one of the best things about living near the sea, I might add. Anyway, as Carter, Caitlin and I passed the pool on our way down to the beach, Caitlin discovered her goggles resting on the bottom from a swim earlier in the day. She turned to me and said, "Can I get them?" "Of course not," came the reply from her mother, "You're in clothes, not a swim suit." We continued to our destination and had a lovely time lying together on a beach towel, the three of us enjoying the view, the breeze, and the sweet smell of the water.

After a while Caitlin turned to me and said, "I just really want to get in touch with my wild side, that's why I want to get in the pool with my clothes on." My suggestion, "Just hop in in your undies," was met with disapproval... "MOM!" Oh, I guess she didn't mean that wild!

You should have seen her smiles and heard her giggles as she waded into the water, a girl on a mission to get her goggles or get in touch with her inner self, I'm not sure which was the stronger driving force. Whichever, she accomplished her mission and emerged from the water gitty, "Wow-eee it's fun to get in touch with your wild side! I'm going to have to get in touch with my wild side more often!"

I tell you what, I've met my match in this girl and I quite enjoy it (except for when she's driving my bonkers with her strong will and independent thinking)!

1 comment:

Ty and Juju Brown said...

She is adorable! I love it!