Thursday, July 22, 2010

Another First

We got to go sailing! It was wonderful and I'm officially in love with Florida! It was bound to happen because, for those of you who don't know, my mom is from Florida (albeit many moons ago, just kidding- kinda) so I guess it's just in my blood. I tell ya, there is nothing like being out on the water. I'm trying to convince my fam to move here, but no luck yet. I continue to be amazed at the kindness of the people we've been fortunate to meet. Either they really like us or they really pity us (cause of the surgery and cause we be po' cause of the surgery) whatever the reason, we've had so many fun adventures that have tempered the difficulty of what we are going through.

Carter's back side. I can't believe his willingness to get out and try things. I'm willing to admit that I would not be as audacious. Nope, I don't even think I'd move!

It has been a blessing to have Jason here for a couple weeks. The month we spent apart was a difficult separation. He's been taking Carter to therapy and appointments and doing stretches and pin care. I don't know if my sanity would have survived if he hadn't arrived when he did. Too bad I can't pull of that beachy model look, ya know, hair in the wind... whatever.


Don't you love Carter's smile?

Don't you love that Jason took a picture of me "picking" at my bathing suit...whatever.

No comments: